If you are someone who is unboxing their first CBD product from the mail, then there will be a couple of things on your mind relating to the efficacy of the product and the best way to use it. There are so many CBD products and CBD manufacturers, and you may have noticed how some products work better for you than some others; even though they both are from reputed CBD brands.
The reason why you may be missing out on a lot of CBD health benefits might be because you haven’t gripped the concept of CBD to THC ratio, and found the best one for you.
What Is The CBD-To-THC Ratio? Why Does It Matter?
Simply put, it is the amount of CBD to the amount of THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) in the CBD product.
The hemp or cannabis plant has several ingredients in them, like CBD, THC, terpenes, flavonoids and so much more that are collectively called cannabinoids.
When the two well-researched ‘cannabinoids’ namely THC and CBD are taken individually, they exude their own health benefits to the user. However, when the two are used in conjunction with one another, there is an overlapping effect that causes the properties of the two cannabinoids to be boosted even further. The effect, which is called the entourage effect modifies the properties and creates even more therapeutic effects.
THC on its own is a powerful chemical and is used to control pain, depression, and nausea. However, the dark side to THC that discourages some people is the intoxication and visible sense of psychosis that is experienced by the user.
CBD use on the other hand is strictly therapeutic, and the list of benefits you all must be aware of-pain relief, anxiety control, rejuvenation, sleep-inducing, you name it! But these benefits are further amplified when THC comes in the picture.
The ratio that you may encounter can be 1:2, that is, for every gm of CBD, you need 2gms of THC or for every 10gms of CBD, you need 20gms of THC.
Finding ‘Your’ CBD-To-THC Ratio
- CBD-to-THC ratio of 0:1 means it’s a total THC product.
- CBD-to-THC ratio of 1:0 means it’s a pure CBD extract and is for those who want just the benefits of CBD.
- CBD-to-THC ratio of 1:2-1:4 means that there is a better balance of the two cannabinoids. This is considered balanced.
- CBD-to-THC ratio of 1:10 for marijuana strain products. The CBD takes the edge off of the THC.
- CBD-to-THC ratio of 1:1 is considered the most optimum. Start from here and experiment to find what suits you best.